Monday, September 20, 2010

Learning to Love St. Olaf

Learning to Love St. Olaf- Tou and Enich

because it is in the middle of nowhere

because windmill hypnotizes you walking to Hoyme
because the fragrance of malt-o-meal fills the air
and because the hill is more dynamic than a field

because we say “Um ya ya!”

because we live in a dorm
we have eaten locally
and because the cold starts in September,

because I’ve started adjusting an inner warmth
my skin is chilled
my homesickness near the pit of my stomach

because I must wear shoes all the time now

because I have taken a risk with friends
because each one is welcoming
because I’ve seen them in the same place I am
because they relate to me too

because I have found a new community
because they will all support me
because we all chose the same place to be

because changing your mind is not an option
because it is time.

1 comment: