Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Character Study


I decided I should share the short paragraph I wrote in response to that painting today. I wrote it from the perspective of a southern mother named Amanda Richards. Here is her story:

"Look, America expands as she should! Soon, I can cross the country with the ease of a train to see my uncle Johny . I do hope he’s okay, he’s been gone for a long time without anyone hearing from him. That’s the chaos that is the west though, I suppose. With all them crazy native Americans, hollering and screaming and causing a ruckus. I can’t imagine laying out track in a place like that. Quite frankly, I can’t imagine being someplace like that at all. Even on a train! It’d get shot up in no time at all! It’s good that someone’s doing it. After all, this is America’s destiny."

1 comment:

  1. Enich,
    I love that you boldly picked a character and wrote in that voice. You might read Rachel's blog and talk with her about how individuals do or don't gives us valid perspectives on cultural events and concerns.
    LDL

    ReplyDelete