Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuck in my head.

"Superboy and the Invisible Girl" from Next to Normal.

A few people sung this at fresh faces last night (which went swimmingly and was apparently hugely popular.) and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I could-well, not could, have been- listen to it over and over again. It's such a strong song, and the guy singing at the end has such a strong, high voice... One of those people that makes me wish I had a higher range. But I digress..

Anyway, the show is about a family that suffered a loss. The mother's son died when he was very young, worsening the mother's bipolar disorder. The daughter (main singer) feels like she's living in her deceased brother's (male singer) shadow. He's this immortal identity despite the fact he's no longer with them, and the daughter feels invisible. The show is about a family struggling to survive amid hard struggles.

It's also coming to St. Paul May 10-22. Perhaps I will try and get tickets.

1 comment: